View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
Default Sep 25, 2023 at 08:42 PM

From personal experience there is nothing you can do to help with his depression. There was nothing anyone could do to change my depression until I took my own control to change what was causing it. In my case it was my marriage that was at the foundation of my depression & it couldn't get better until I left. Marriage counseling did nothing except reinforce my need to leave. You cannot fix him & trying will usually make things even worse. Best thing IMO is to radically accept that you 2 were not compatible no matter how you want to excuse it away & accept that is how he feels. Better to know it now then to end up in a bad marriage. I wish I had listened to tge red flags I felt before the wedding it would have saved me a long marriage of fighting. Just because it isn't how you feel. Sometimes it just takes something to make the other person know the relationship is wrong. You can never have a good relationship when one person feels that way. My ex was clueless that the things he did before & after the wedding changed how I felt about him forever & it only got worse with time. If he doesn't want to be with him, respect that & don't try to force it because it can only drive you away even farther. Probably wise he blocked you to save that from happening to both of you.

Don't excuse a realization of incompatibility away on depression.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote