View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,042 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 27, 2023 at 12:19 PM

I am sure others sometimes feel challenges regarding this issue. It could be interesting to share experiences and thoughts.

I just had to say no to doing a favor for someone. It’s not something I really wanted to do and it would have likely called some tension with my husband. Basically, the person asking the favor has some connections with my ex, who didn’t exactly take the break-up or me moving on to date my husband well. She had also been out of touch for quite some time and only connected because she wanted this favor. So, I feel kind of used. All I told her was I thought about her request and have decided it’s not going to work out. Going into further detail I am sure would just have her insisting or asking for more of an explanation.

I don’t know why it felt so hard in this situation though. I still felt bad, even though I owe her anything. I keep telling myself I don’t have to explain why to her. I don’t usually have issues with being direct in these situations, but this one stressed me out for some reason.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover, Guitargirl81, nonightowl

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul, nonightowl