View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,046 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 27, 2023 at 02:36 PM

Thanks for those tips, Motts. I'm doing a lot of that. They have their schedule and are both on a premium senior food.

I could see if I can get her to play before bed. The thing is, she has never showed much interest in toys. Her only interest in cat toys is to try to chew off any sort of string like a mouse tail, eat it and puke it up. So, I only let her have toys under supervision and she rarely wants to play with them.

As I mentioned the vet didn't prescribe her anything. I talked to a friend who has been a vet tech for years and he said he hasn't heard of vets prescribing medicine in a case like this. So, it may be that it's not done. I wonder if it has to do with a lack of experience with geriatric cats. Culturally, it's common in this country to let cats roam, so they are likely to die younger. If I try to get another opinion, I am thinking of trying the animal hospital at the zoo in town. Of course, I first need to prepare myself emotionally, physically and mentally for another trip in the car with her!

We have Omega supplements here for dogs. My dog takes it for her skin and fur. I imagine they have one for cats too. I'll look into that.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43372