Community Support Team

Member Since Apr 2009
5,096 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 28, 2023 at 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyBoots View Post
My therapist asked me today if I had any sense of who I was and I said "no" and she said "I didn't think so."

So how do you fix that?
It sounds like you're saying there must be something you're presently not aware of, that you need to become aware of "or else". What's always worked for me has been starting from where I am, not where I'm "supposed" to be -- so the last thing I'd want to do would be to start struggling to experience a "sense of who I was".

I might start by noticing exactly how (or even if) I experienced it as a problem, that I didn't seem to be experiencing anything like what my therapist had asked about.

If, when you look, you find that you don't actually experience it as a problem, would you still want to work very hard at "fixing" it? If, on the other hand, you find you do experience something as a problem (and not just because you think you should, or because someone is suggesting you should), then simply continuing to notice just what you're experiencing will almost inevitably be your best guide through that particular experience.*

-------------------------------------------------
* Spoiler alert
And the next one, and the one after that, and the one after that...
FooZe is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
eskielover