View Single Post
Revenge Tour

Member Since Apr 2023
84 hugs
given
Default Sep 28, 2023 at 05:39 AM

I try to accommodate whenever possible. However, there is one instance that will forever be etched in my brain....

Back in 2012 I took my family on vacation. When we checked into the hotel some guy approached us and gave us a sale's pitch for a timeshare. The agreement was to listen to their spiel for an hour and I'd get a $100 voucher. Sounds simple, right? Oh no. It gets better.

After and hour-and-a-half into their presentation with absolutely no end in sight, I piped up and asked if we are almost done. The associate instantly copped an attitude and asked if we were interested in purchasing a property. I told him "No." So then the dude gets his manager and the pressure tactic was on. They were aggressive and relentless. I showed some anger myself and told them I'm not here to wheel-and-deal but I want my voucher. In complete disgust they gave it to me and my wife and I bailed.

My point is it's okay to say "no" if / when you're uncomfortable. I'm all about helping your fellow man but you should never have to feel committed due to high-pressure tactics, intimidation or some perceived obligation.
Revenge Tour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
rechu