View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 28, 2023 at 11:58 AM

When I am having trouble figuring myself out there are some routine things I do...

Im on all kinds of meds for my mental and physical health issues. Icheck to see if they have the side effects that I am experiencing - emptiness, foggy, numbness whatever, if so I contact my prescribing doctors to talk about medication adjustments.

once I know the feelings I am having are not related to my medications I read my journals and online posting activities. for example I see that I have 9096 posts. so obviously I know myself and my mental health issues very well in order to make so many posts. just saying, if I didnt know anything about myself, my life and my mental disorders I wouldnt have that many posts right. so a good place for me to start looking for myself is in my own written words about myself and my problems.

I also keep a therapy journal of my sessions. I can at any time see what happened in past sessions and how I have talked about myself and my problems in the past. this also leads me to getting a sense of who I am.

maybe you can do those things too..

if you are on any medications check to see if they are causing your problems with this..

you can look back on your 3135 number of posts and see in your own words what you have wrote about yourself and your problems.

look back at any journals / writings you have done and you can ask your therapist for copies of your mental health records that will document how you have described yourself and your problem areas.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote