View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,462 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 28, 2023 at 12:35 PM

Do yourself a big favor and let him go. The comedian, Steve Harvey, gives excellent advice to women about men. Yesterday I saw a short video of his on YouTube. In it he said, "Don't ever let a man tell you twice that he doesn't want you." I 100% agree. Getting into spats is part of being in a relationship. People say hurtful things to each other. But what your ex said to you was about the worst thing a man can say to a woman, in my opinion. He's mean. This is not just depression talking. He was really telling you that he wasn't in love with you and didn't need you. You would have to think very little of yourself to pursue such a relationship any further. I don't think he'ld be a great catch for any girl. A guy can end a relationship without being that mean and saying something so insulting. This guy is very into himself, and that will never change. He thinks he's a prize, and that you don't deserve him. Well, let some other fool have him.

The fact that he even had the boldness to talk to you like that shows that you must have already established a pattern of being way too tolerant of $hitty behavior. Never think that a guy is doing you a favor by letting you be his girlfriend. That is the mindset you have communicated. That mindset invites contempt, which is precisely what he has shown you. You will keep attracting men who are contemptuous of women, unless you change you. You're a loving, generous person. Your offer of your love to a man is a priceless gift. He didn't just reject your gift. He despised it. Hold your head up and turn your back on anyone who would do that. Once that attitude is shown, there is zero hope for happiness with such a person.

You need to have a much higher opinion of yourself. Not to be conceited or proud or arrogant. But to carry yourself with dignity. Then you will have a chance of attracting someone who knows the meaning of mutual respect. Never keep wanting someone who doesn't want you. To do so is to degrade yourself. No guy is worth that, and you can certainly do better. But only if you raise your expectations.
Rose76 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote