View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,635 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 02, 2023 at 04:30 AM

I now wonder when it's appropriate to tell my new guy about being on medication?

He has dated a couple of crazy women recently, and has the concern that I could also be nuts. I've told him I am very sane and grounded in reality.

He doesn't yet know that I am on a low dose of anti psychotic med for hearing voices and an anti depressant. I am not in therapy anymore because I feel I don't need it and I have yet to find a really good therapist to date. I am also considering going off all medication, but I need a psych doc to help me come off the medications, which I do not have at the moment.

I have been very stable for the last two years, without incident.

So, when is it appropriate to tell him I am on meds? I don't want to scare him away, I want him to get to know me better so that he feels confident that I am NOT nuts.

But at some point, I will need to tell him about my meds, AND the fact that I've been hospitalized 3 times in the past. I don't feel I will ever need to be hospitalized again, but one can never say never.

Is it fitting to tell him once we are more committed as boyfriend and girlfriend? We're not quite at that level yet, we're dating, and we're coming closer to that point the more we hang out. I just don't know.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote