Exoskeleton
Grand Member

Member Since Sep 2023
266 hugs
given
Default Oct 02, 2023 at 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShadow View Post
I just had a thyroidectomy, and it wasn't in direct cause of the Lithium, but I know it might have been a contributing factor. I get the dry mouth and the scratchy throat sometimes, but it is not as bad as it used to me. I started taking 300mg twice a day back in 2018 and it's been a miracle drug. As long as you get your levels tested regularly you should be fine.

Thank you!!! I'm so glad Lithium has helped you so much. But I'm sorry that it may have been a contributing factor to your thyroidectomy. I definitely worry a lot about long term damage to my kidneys and thyroid. I'm hoping I can stay on a low dose and that may lower the risk of future health problems. But obviously I need to make sure I'm taking enough for there to be a therapeutic benefit.

I started with 150 mg and I felt an improvement in my mood really quickly. Like after just a couple of days. I went up to 300 mg and I've been at that dose for about 2 weeks. I definitely feel less depressed and more stable. But I've had some bad days too over the past 2 weeks, so it's not like a total gamechanger for me. I probably need to increase my dose but I'm definitely struggling a bit with the side effects. At last check my blood level was only 0.2. But I guess it's not so much the level that matters, it's whether or not you feel better. And at 0.2 I do feel better, but would like to go up a bit higher if possible!

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Exoskeleton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote