View Single Post
Embracingtruth

Member Since Oct 2022
26 hugs
given
Default Oct 04, 2023 at 09:08 AM

My heart breaks for you badly. But you’re at a serious crossroads in your life and now is the time for you to hear some straight perspective on how you got here. “Love” is a powerful label we blanket ourselves in to do things that are not always the rational thing to do. But we make those choices all in the name of this label because we think that sacrifice is our calling that illustrates our dedication. Here’s the problem…You forgot to love yourself in that standard. Instead you desperately sought to keep this idea of family alive by constantly shouldering more responsibility instead of turning to your spouse and making sure she shared her portion.

I know people that profile allot like the description of your wife. They’re geared towards seeking attention, because unfortunately they were poorly raised and are conditioned to get what they want when they throw a fit. And of course as they get older, that manipulation manifests itself into all sorts of creative “issues” that are always present to elude responsibility and make them feel immune to accountability. They do this by stating YOU’RE supposed to be “understanding” and feel sorry for them. Anything less and you’re an instant villain to be shamed for your “insensitivity” and selfish position to not think about them first (regardless of everything else you already do).

So NOW is the time to fight for yourself and those kids. Got a house? Okay. Go get yourself a reputable attorney, use the house as collateral or take out a loan against it and put the same kind of dedication you’ve shown in the past to fight this cancer who has used and abused you. Something tells me you won’t have much of a fight on your hands about her sharing the kids. The last thing she wants is to actually perform all the work. Of course knowing her kind, she would shame her parents into taking over your role. Stand your ground. Fight for yourself and those kids. There’s your standard. Quit worrying about her and her veiled threats; because that’s what she always counted on to get her way.
Embracingtruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote