View Single Post
Elio

Member Since Sep 2006
8,780 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 04, 2023 at 05:03 PM

This would leave me feeling upset. Shoot, I was left feeling like she was wanted to get rid of me when she suggested I look into seeing an OT for sensory integration.

I don't know why I do that - feel that way and get all upset when people say or do stuff like this. For me it is a feeling I have with pretty much everyone, part of my issues. I honestly don't know if it's an attachment thing or a routine thing. It's probably both and neither. All I know is it hurts and leaves me questioning the very nature of the relationship.

Quote:
That you do want to attend weekly. And maybe to let her know that if you want more time in between, you'll be the one to ask for it.
I think telling her these things would really good way to approach it. It seems like a safe way of saying it, not having to get into the weeds of how it leaves you feeling. Instead it can be seen and felt as you taking charge of getting your needs met.

And if you ever what to explore the whys of you feeling the way you do, you can always bring it up when you feel comfortable talking about it.
Elio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
AnaWhitney, LonesomeTonight