View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,046 hugs
given
Default Oct 10, 2023 at 07:11 AM

Home visits are pretty common here. A friend doesn't have a car so she almost always does home visits for her pets. The vet typically has an agreement to rent a clinic's facilities in the case of needing to do a surgery. The guy I may call spayed Bruni at the clinic he has an agreement with.

I am thinking and I haven't really noticed a difference as far as gender. He's been to both male and female vets. Vets here usually wear medical scrubs.

Maybe it's the clinic environment as a whole, the smell, the other animals which is why he did better at home. Sometimes the visits start out not so bad, but then go off the rails any time they want to touch his belly or intimate areas. Which, makes me think it has to do with the biting incident before his neuter. Poor guy, I can understand how he would be traumatized by that whole situation. That clinic had some changes in staff, and the service had started to go downhill. That day was the first sign of issues. We've since moved, but I would have stopped going there if we were still in the city.

Haha, yeah, I was looking at the pictures of some of these muzzles and Hannibal Lecter was the first thing that came to mind. Maybe, we named Helmut wrong. He should be Aníbal (Hannibal in Spanish)! Although a friend did say that Helmut could be construed as the mutt from Hell!
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady