View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 10, 2023 at 11:01 AM

Hmm, something to think about liz. Although, I'm not sure if they would WANT Hell Mutt hanging around the clinic that much. They were very happy to see him gone. They may have even thrown a party! In fact, he was supposed to have his second vaccine a month later, but the vet gave him both at the same time to avoid a second trip. Apparently, it's okay to do it early, if it's within about a month.

He was unceremoniously kicked out of the other vet clinic while still dopey. He's like the child that keeps getting kicked out of schools for bad behavior.

I am really thinking that a home visit might be best. I could do a two for one with the rebel cat Loka who wouldn't get into her carrier. The vet that usually sees her baptized her Loka, not Loca - he said it sounds edgier.

I guess I should consider us lucky that he is overall a healthy dog. He's only had to have vet care for his neuter, annual check-ups/shots and a teeth cleaning. The vet for the teeth cleaning did ask us to bring him with the muzzle on. Afterwards, he said the visit wasn't so bad. But, they sedated him pretty quickly and they didn't have to do a physical exam.

He was about 4 months when my husband found him at his work. So, maybe he had other bad vet experiences before. Who knows? It's a mystery that such a gorgeous dog was a stray on the street like that. He seemed to be waiting all day in the front patio area for my husband. We wonder why no one else tried to take him in. Or, maybe they tried to determine if he was male or female and it didn't go well! We tried to find out if someone was looking for him, but no one was.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover, Travelinglady