View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,045 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 12, 2023 at 11:03 AM

Yeah, it was terrible for her and for me. Someone found him and his sister in a box on a sidewalk in on one of the coldest nights in winter. I ended up volunteering to take care of them. They were so tiny that they had the stumps of the umbilical cords still attached. My husband and I had to bottle feed them. Miraculously they survived. I think it is because our dog Jade sort of acted like a mother to them. They would cuddle up with her. He was younger than Jade, but she ended up outliving him.

Anyways, my friend took care of him and his sister when they were somewhat older and we were on our honeymoon. She fell in love with him and adopted him. Her husband worked at another vet clinic and a client of theirs adopted his sister.

At least after that experience she learned her lesson and never uses them. She either uses the vet where her husband used to work or one other vet clinic that is quite well respected.

Someone my husband used to work with said that the horrible clinic also encourages people to have their dying pets intubated in cases where there's no chance they will get better. They take advantage of people that can't accept their pet's condition to make money.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro