View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Oct 15, 2023 at 07:23 PM

Hi, R.

For the record, 27 out of thirty is better than ok.

I've had a couple of weeks of nobody returning my calls. A bummer. I was persistent , and finally got someone from Apria (they never got an order for a CPAP for me. And I finally got my computer back. My computer freezes up and goes black a lot. This time, it froze, and wouldn't reboot. Scary! Plus I've been sleeping badly, so it's harder for me to function. Last night was pretty good. A writer friend turned me on to Pubby, and I tried it. It's a good deal. You read other people's books, and rate them on Amazon, and they read your books and rate them. Pretty slick. Unfortunately, (funny how often my sentences begin with unfortunately.) Anyway, I couldn't leave a comment for the two books I read, due to my computer being in the hospital. Meanwhile, the credit union froze my card and declined Pubby's bill. So I'm trying to fix all that. You have to publish the review pretty quickly, so I probably can't get the review in for the two books I read. I'd publish them anyway, so that the writer can get credit for them.

For our book club, we're reading "The Island of Missing Trees" It's about Cypress during the fighting between Greeks and Turks. I bri ng up the book, because one of the characters is superstitious and believes in the evil eye. I never thought about it. My family wan't particularly superstitious, but my mom used to dry-spit into the and say some like "So we don't jinx it by looking at it." (doesn't translate well.) My background is Russian, but I think the evil eye is in that culture as well. Anyway, it got me thinking. It seems as if as soon as something good happens, something messes it up. I don't consciously believe that, but geeze!

Okay, that's all for me.

Good stuff to you.