View Single Post
Exoskeleton
Grand Member

Member Since Sep 2023
266 hugs
given
Default Oct 17, 2023 at 05:17 PM

I take Lithium and an SSRI (Zoloft). I added Lithium to the Zoloft a couple of months ago and am still titrating up in dose. I definitely notice the effect of Lithium, even at a low dose (currently at 300 mg ER).

I am for sure feeling better than I was before I added the Lithium. But that is not saying a whole lot as I was feeling appallingly bad prior to adding Lithium. Since adding Lithium I feel quite a bit more stable. My mood swings are less extreme and my rage and anger issues are also better controlled. My racing thoughts - which had become really frightening - have calmed down considerably. My depression has improved from a 9.5/10 down to about an 8/10. My anxiety issues have made about the same modest improvement. The best thing about Lithium for me is that I find it on the energizing side. I was really worried about it making me feel numb or sedated, and it doesn't, at all.

So I for sure see improvements and I'm grateful for them. But there is still a long way to go. I'm still on a sub-therapeutic dose of Lithium and my serum levels are only at .2. But I am having some side effects on Lithium so I don't know how how much higher I can go up. My next increase will be to 450 mg. I should have started that on Monday but I've put it off. Scared of more side effects.

What doses are you on? Does your psychiatrist want you to increase? I hope you find some relief.
Exoskeleton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote