Member Since Oct 2019
12.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 18, 2023 at 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenZeta View Post
...and an update...

I wish I could jut quit right now (as I try to dry my tears before the next meeting)

After being told that I "need" to respond to the group Microsoft Teams chat (which I keep muted because the constant notifications are distracting) ... which is a bunch of silly polls about our favorite time of the year, how we prefer our eggs cooked (I WISH I was kidding), I decided to go with what works for me... PROCESS. I found five of the cutest GIFs and scheduled one to be delivered every day this week at the beginning of the workday.

Today my manager messages me that doing the "extra" is not genuine (what part of "that's not my personality" does she NOT get). She asked me to be more "upbeat" so I tried to really crank up the energy today, but felt like I was yelling.

Every time I try to find middle ground, it's not enough, and she KNOWS about my diagnosis!!!! The only responses I get are that I need to "pivot" or be more "agile" or "embrace change"... doesn't that go both ways?

I swear if I had the money, I would hire an attorney. I live in at "at will" state, so the company could fire me for no reason (although I feel pushed out), but this has to be some type of discrimination.

Like others have said, wearing birthday hats and responding to random nonsense chats is NOT a part of "other duties as assigned".

I know I sound like a "Negative Nellie".... sigh....
You do not sound like a negative Nelly

As an outsider this reads to me like a failure of your manager to manage you properly. She honestly sounds an inadequate manager and maybe she needs development herself in her role in how to manage staff.

Will there be an opportunity for feedback when you leave this job? Like an exit questionnaire? Maybe you can feedback the experience you’ve had to HR.
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Molinit