View Single Post
Anonymous43372

Default Oct 20, 2023 at 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundbutLost View Post
Which one are you going to be using more gas driving to? Is one so much closer that you can just go home for lunch vs eating out or packing lunches? Factor those annual costs in and deduct it from the annual income and then take a 2nd good look. One may pay more but also cost you way e in the long run.
Job #2 is a 15 minute drive and Job #1 is an 18 minute drive. Plus, Job #2 pays for parking. My rideshare driving earns me gas mileage discounts at specific gas stations so I already save a few cents with my regular rideshare gas mileage. Definitely can't go home for lunch since its not located near my neighborhood. But I can walk to many food kiosks indoors where Job #2 is located. I plan to bring my lunch.

Job #1's location is pretty - tree lined streets and beautiful houses but the office is only staffed by 5-6 people so that's way too small for me. Plus, the annual income is a measley $38K before taxes, about $29K after taxes with healthcare and gas and 401K so very bad. While Job #2 is a slight better deal with $40K, I feel like that's the better deal for me with what I'll get in 2 paychecks a month. I'll be able to rideshare on the weekends and attempt to earn a total of $1040 a month to contribute to my monthly take home income from Job #2.

Good observation FoundbutLost, and something I did think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
Congrats and I think you made a smart choice with job you chose
Thanks divine1966. I'm hoping it doesn't end in disaster and allows me to stay at a minimum of 6 months which is enough time to find another legal assistant job with a larger firm that pays more than $40K a year. So, I have a notebook now with a 6 month plan to forecast for where I want to be in a job/career, savings, health, etc.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote