Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 20, 2023 at 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rechu View Post
I wonder if instead of requiring insurance, it would make more sense to provide more low-cost veterinary care. For Chile, my municipality is pretty innovative. They operate a shelter that takes in strays and adopt them out. They also have a low-cost veterinary clinic. Where I used to live, the municipal government would hold free vaccination days and spay/neuter days. For the spay/neuter events, they only asked people to bring some sort of cleaning supplies like paper towels, garbage bags, disinfectant, etc., so they could keep the area where the vets were operating clean. I know other municipal governments have similar initiatives.

I've lived in this country for a long time and it's interesting to see the progress that has been made as far as encouraging responsible ownership. It's not perfect by any means, but there used to be so many stray animals all over the place. You still see strays, but the numbers have come down.
Exactly. This is a good way to proceed and encourage adoptions. It seems our “marvellous” brilliant minds of politicians don’t give them for more other than collecting taxes.
I’m so mad at them.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady