Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,275 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 20, 2023 at 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulOscuro View Post

I loved the part in which he shows how a dog sees the world. I take it this part. For me it was a way to know how to respect dogs’ nature.

I don’t see Cesar’s techniques as abusive. Of course, what I only see is what’s shown on his videos.
He doesn't know how dogs see the world. Most of what he spreads is complete misinformation. Dominance theory, which is what he spreads, was debunked years ago.

He uses what's called coercive training techniques. It's downright abuse, doesn't matter if you see it thar way or not. Poking, prodding, and other wise manhandling dogs the way he does is abuse and studies have shown it does not improve dog behavior but rather worsens it.

Humans are not dogs and your dog doesn't think you are one. When Cesar tells people to jab their dogs like they are a dog giving a correction, that is simply abuse. When he tells people to do alpha rolls, which do not do anything to improve behavior, it's abuse.

He frequently purposely pushes dogs over threshold so they will bite on camera. Harassing an animal for a reaction because it makes good TV is abuse.

I really implore you to look up some of the trainers I mentioned to see what good, positive reinforcement based, relationship based training and behavior change looks like.

Milan, unfortunately, has done a lot of harm because he looked good on camera and a lot of people liked the idea of "dominating" their dogs.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
AzulOscuro, lizardlady, Travelinglady