View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,045 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 23, 2023 at 07:53 AM

I'm more of a proponent of keeping cats indoors for their own safety and that of local wildlife.

Also, while I've had cats, I've also never lived in a place where it seemed like my cats would be safe going out. Where we used to live, we were right off a major avenue where drivers were always speeding. Cats did get run over and even a large dog was hit and killed there. We also had a neighbor with an aggressive Akita. She'd let him loose on the street. I called municipal security several times about it but they never arrived in time to find the dog loose to cite her. In my current neighborhood, many neighbors do let their cats out and I hear cat fights a few times a week. Also, behind the house, is fields and farms. People hunt rabbits around here, so there are likely predators around like foxes. Our next door neighbor had a lovely tabby cat who went over the back fence and he never knew what happened to him. He never came back.

Most of my cats, including the two I have now, have seemed fine with being indoors. The one that didn't was somewhat of an escape artist and managed to get out a few times. The last time he got out, he became the Akita's latest victim.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady