Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,313 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 23, 2023 at 01:35 PM

@MuddyBoots I am sorry you feel like you always have to be in crisis. That must be very tiring.

Maybe the recovery team is not trying to discourage you by saying you will never recovers. Maybe they are saying none of us totally recover. We just learn to cope. We reinvent what we identify with. We find new ways of looking at life.

When I get depressed I clean up my room and I feel better. I have routines like exercising and doing yoga. I try to build myself up by focusing on something I can be grateful for, a bird singing, a flower blooming, the sun shining. A blue sky.

The problem I have when I feel depressed, I am totally focusing on myself. There are 8 billion other people in this world and most of them are suffering. Many of them do not have the basics of life. I think how fortunate I am that I am not living in a war torn country.

I am not telling you what to do, but what you seem to be saying is the way you have been seeing life is not showing you a brighter future. Would you consider changing ? To me that is the first step to recovery from whatever I am suffering from. @CANDC

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul