Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
6,454 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 23, 2023 at 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaluna View Post
For np, and anybody who wants to be friends with their t.

Oh how i have yearned for this. But then there were the couple instances of encountering them outside of the office, and i was just overwhelmed with embarrassment. A very weird kind of embarrassment. Just soooo self-conscious. As if THEY look normal to other other people but i look like a skinned animal. Which is what a person is in therapy, no?

The comfort of the t's office just does not translate to the outside world. Just step outside and you will see. I could barely handle being in the building hallway with my t.
Same. I can't stand seeing L or anyone outside their own little box I put them in. I've seen L outside her office building a few times, and it freaked me out. I literally try to hide. Or one time I ran into my older sister at a Walmart she didn't even live near. It really scared me. 1. It just shocked me and 2. Well, my older sister is scary in general.

L is a type of friend/peer but within the therapeutic boundaries. I don't get to go out with her or provide her with my support. Those are the main two boundaries. And she's told me that even when she retires, we won't be friends.

After the mess with ex-T, I'm grateful for these boundaries. I'd rather have her in my life as a therapist than to mess things up and lose her.

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna