View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 24, 2023 at 04:41 AM

@Samicat, thanks so much and you're absolutely right! Her opinion really doesn't matter, and that's the viewpoint I need to adopt.

She also has a limited view into my work and hasn't seen the whole scope. She also conveyed that a reason why this other woman's work is SO much more inspiring is because that woman has been through hell in life and bounced back, stronger and more positive than ever.

So, I became very defensive when I was speaking to her about this. I told her, you know, I've also been through a shi*tload of crap in my life too, but I don't make it public knowledge because i'm a very private person. No one knows the hell I've gone through over many years because I don't discuss it. She told me she wasn't aware of that.

I wish I hadn't become so defensive, but I felt like I had to defend myself.

She also has no idea that I put all my heart and soul into my work... the blog I developed, the 55 articles I've personally written for my blog, my facebook fan page, and the workshop I created and led. That's why I was so insulted. I care a lot about the work I am doing, and I give it all of my efforts, heart, and caring.

And thanks so much re: my workshop. I spent hours preparing it & put a lot of thought into it. This particular woman did not attend, so she had no insight into the material or even how it went over with the audience.

I admit I am bitter over her comment. I will try to not let it get to me for too long, but it did get to me. It was a deep cut I felt, and I have no idea why she felt the need to cut me down.

I do know that her negative behavior says everything about her, and nothing about my work or me. I know this. And that's how I have to view it. I am trying...

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Oct 24, 2023 at 05:28 AM..
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote