Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 25, 2023 at 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samicat View Post
It's hard not to let things like that get under your skin for sure. I was watching a stoic writer, Ryan Holiday, on YouTube - he is incredibly successful and has written several bestselling books about stoicism. There are ALWAYS a few people in his comments saying nasty things and honestly it amazes me. Someone even called him a "braggart" which mystified me because he's pretty clear that he promotes a philosophy from ancient times, not one he just made up.

I think a lot of it is jealousy. So yeah - if someone like him still gets crap from some people, it really is just that people can be petty and there is no need to give them a second of our mental space.
WOW - amazing. Yes, people can be very petty, and yes, often it stems from jealousy.

I had told this woman that I lost 20 pounds. Maybe she's envious of that. I have no clue.

She still has not replied to my apology message. She did not apologize yet in return, which would have been the right thing to do. She hasn't. Very petty. Very small. Not my style.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Samicat

Thanks for this!
Samicat