nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,089 hugs
given
Ribbon Oct 26, 2023 at 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANDC View Post

snip: Sorry I am not going to follow their advice. I will do things my way lol.
Me either. I freeze bread without problems, berries too. Bread forms mold unless it's eaten up quickly so I freeze it. This includes stuff like English Muffins.

Apples and all fruit in the frig since I live in a usually hot climate. Bananas always in the frig as they ripen, or they will really get browner fast at room temp!

The bottles of both ketchup and mustard say to refrigerate after opening, so I do it. It doesn't hurt it.

I keep "leafy" spices like cilantro, basil and thyme in the freezer, along with paprika. I do this because I've found tiny bugs in the above spices, if kept at room temperature in the pantry. The freezing temps keep them from hatching.

To keep fruit flies at bay, I put fruit scraps like banana peels and apple cores in a Ziploc bag, keeping it in the frig. When it's full enough I throw it out. Tiny scraps I put down the disposal. But I found out not to put them in the trash. They can attract ants too.

Trav, there was a similar thread but nobody posts it in anymore. So I thought I'd try this one........

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady