View Single Post
ArmorPlate108

Member Since Mar 2022
1,018 hugs
given
Default Oct 29, 2023 at 10:17 AM

Wow. Mind numbing. My heart and head are reeling for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
Remember! This is BAIT to get you to react so do NOT react. If you need to vent come here but do not react to her as she has just proved that she will try to use it against you.
^ This a thousand times over.

But you probably already know that.

In CoDA they say if you don't know what to do, DO NOTHING. I repeat that as a mantra in my head regularly

A while back I saw an interview with a divorce lawyer who was talking about the seedier side of his job. Apparently there's a saying in the divorce field that "the truth lies at the bottom of a bottomless pit." Chances are this is hardly the first time they'll have seen someone weaponize the other's well-intentioned pleas. It's unlikely that things will get weighed in her favor as much as she'd like to think. But, damn, she's gonna try...

Imagine the amount of work it took to put that packet together. That alone sounds manipulative, and not rational. Especially so when considering that she hasn't been around for the kids, they don't seem interested in seeing her (and they seem old enough to make that decision themselves), and it seems as though you said that there was a counselor who suggested that contact with her was not in the kids' best interest? That doesn't paint a good picture of her either.

Your feelings are completely valid and understandable. There may be a few extra armor plates around here if you'd like to borrow some... it's okay to put a little armor on to protect yourself from some of these things. In time, you may heal and decide to take them off again. Today may not be that day, and that's okay. Nothing stays the same forever.

Last edited by ArmorPlate108; Oct 29, 2023 at 10:38 AM..
ArmorPlate108 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes, seesaw