View Single Post
ArmorPlate108

Member Since Mar 2022
1,149 hugs
given
Default Nov 01, 2023 at 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyblue83 View Post
I'm going to chime in here with a few sentences. This is what life experience has taught me. Whoever came up with the idea that we are supposed to stay with and in love with the SAME person for our entire lives must have been CRAZY. Somewhere along the line things get boring for one or the other. People " fall out " of love.
How many marriages go 50-60 years without straying ? That's human nature. But outright open marriages are bull****. The stray cat usually comes back home. Make it work or walk. Life is to short.
moodyblue83, in a more ideal world, I'd agree with the sentiment. For some people, the timing and other issues might not make it so easy. Things like the current high cost of living, expensive and unavailable housing in many areas of the country, other financial considerations, children who are better off in the current situation versus the next likely alternative, health considerations of one or both people --- anyhow, there can be a lot of moving parts that can leave some people feeling stuck for the time being and trying to make the best of that. But ultimately, you're probably right about the bigger picture.

Last edited by ArmorPlate108; Nov 01, 2023 at 12:36 PM..
ArmorPlate108 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote