Wisest Elder Ever

Member Since Nov 2002
81.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 03, 2023 at 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyBoots View Post
Crisis center said I'll never recover. Was originally pissed, but believe them now. Since getting into treatment, I've been constantly switching between "must self-destruct until I die and bring everyone down with me" with "yeah, I want to be successful in life and spread the love," but "recovery mode" only lasts a few hours--a couple days. I'm sick of it, my treatment team is sick of it, everyone that cares about me is sick of it. They say addicts must reach bottom before really getting better. I think my bottom is six feet under. I don't understand any other "bottom," (Well, I do, but that's besides the point )

Maybe I should reword this how to stop being a crisis junkie? Because that's what it boils down to.
I guess they MIGHT have been trying to trigger you to get you to react and ''prove them wrong'' but its a Bullshyt way of ''working''.. It makes me so angry. I've experienced similar from the so called ''services'' which are absolutely deplorable here.

Please don't give up

(a friend completely gave up, mostly due to the deplorable ''care'' here, and that isn't a ''personality disorder'' speaking, too many of the ''professionals'' here irl are beyond useless and on the make )