View Single Post
SarahSweden
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2014
219 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 03, 2023 at 05:13 PM

Iīve met with a social worker within an employment program (I live in Sweden) for several months. There are programs for people who are unemployed and at the same time on sick leave, that is the participants can have physical or mental health issues.

They all know this when admitting people to the unemployment program and now after some months together with this social worker/coach our contact has just ended up badly.

I liked her at first, sheīs kind but she either ignores or doesnīt have the knowledge in how to meet me in what I tell her about how I feel, whatīs important to me, how my mental health affects what work I can do and so on.

Iīve sent her several e-mails describing what I look for, that she sees my perspective in things and that she pays attention to how I feel and expericence things that happen in our contact.

But she mostly replies to other things, she presents her perspective and she constantly misses out on how I express that I experience things. Iīve said that straight out to her, in writing; that she doesnīt pay attention to my perspective.

But still nothing. Sheīs always kind and says sheīs sorry that things have turned out this way but she doesnīt change anything. There are several e-mails where she answers to everything else instead of noticing and responding to what I tell her.

As an example I would want her to answer something like this "I read you feel a lack of trust when I told you someone else will also be part of your case in the future", "what can I do to help you with that?" or something like that.

But she just ignores things like this, although itīs rather simple to respond to.

Iīve tried several things, I told her I could take "blame" and end this employment program but she didnīt want that. Iīve now told her, in a new e-mail, that I could stop telling her how I feel and that I could stop telling her more personal things as that donīt work in my contact with her.

I canīt change social worker or coach so this post isnīt about that.
SarahSweden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mote.of.soul