View Single Post
Jelzig65

Member Since Jul 2021
33 hugs
given
Default Nov 05, 2023 at 03:24 AM

Hi, I need some coping skills. I cant avoid a small gathering with husbands siblings at the end of November. When we see them they would have all attended a neices wedding just 2 days before. This is the second neice who didn’t have us on their wedding guest list.
It’s very awkward for me. If only they dont talk about it, which i think would be impossible not to talk about.

Out of the way I grew up, I now have cravings for connection and belonging. I have fear and sensitivity to rejection. I do not know how I am going to cope. It’s a real physical sick feeling.

I have a sister in law who has never really liked me, well she hated my husband when he was a young teen. I have never really got on with her and never felt comfortable in her space and there have been many occasions to come together. So we never really had opportunities to bond with neices and nephews because its the parents that steer the bonds of aunts, uncles and cousins.

We live 9 minutes from our town, so we are rural. Not really an excuse, but they all lives minutes from each other. The feeling of abandonment is really high right now. I may have to take a herb sedative to cope. Ashwagandha or Kava. Am I allowed to mention those herbs?

How am I going to get through it. How do I heal from rejection sensitive. It feels like shame. Thankyou for any help
Jelzig65 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, nonightowl, TheGal