View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 05, 2023 at 11:36 AM

Haven't posted in this thread in a long time. A lot has happened since then. I got a job at a retail place a little over two months ago, it's my first job. I'm a cashier and also a talent recruiter. So the talent recruiter portion is me interviewing people, choosing which one's would be a good candidate for employment and giving their application to the hiring manager to be hired, and also running job orientations and training for new employees. I had this past week off due to needing to take time off for mental health but I go back in tomorrow. I'm also volunteering with the cats at the cat rescue place. I stopped for awhile because work got in the way but now I have a set schedule at work so I can volunteer at the cat place on Tuesdays. I am doing better in terms of mood swings, but still struggling with impulsivity, such as spending too much money, and quitting my job last week (I got it back immediately because I explained that I needed the week off for medical reasons (basically I was burnt out, extremely stressed and feeling impulsive so I called to turn in my resignation but I called the next day and let them know the medical issue (aka mental health) wouldn't be long term so I can be back Monday. They said that's great and I could have this week off. I'm honestly glad to be going back tomorrow though because I feel kinda lost without the structure and sense of purpose. So yeah.... my main goal now is to NOT impulsively quit my job ever again. That one time was a mistake and I'm glad I recognized that quickly and that they were glad to have me back. I still have my position and don't have to reapply or anything beause they hadn't processed my resignation by time I called back to tell them I could be back in Monday/tomorrow. Never doing that again though. I feel stupid for having done it in the first place.

I'm also still taking violin lessons and those are going well. And still in a relationship, my bf and I have been together 7 months now, we had dated previously like 10 years ago after we graduated from the same high school but just started dating again 7 months ago.

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi
Blue_Bird is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
iscreamparty, stahrgeyzer

Thanks for this!
iscreamparty, stahrgeyzer