View Single Post
Abusedbysister

Member Since Oct 2017
202 hugs
given
Default Nov 05, 2023 at 12:07 PM

Hi Knickerbocker, I think what you are facing is relatively common among the victims of domestic abused. You feel trapped as there is no where to go. My abuser was my little sister who used to beat the **** out of me on daily basis, and emotionally abused me right and left. I was terrified of her (still am). I felt hopeless around her and I was in a command mode around her. The abuse continued until she was 18 (and I was 20) and she left for university. She still abused me if she was home for vacation for another couple of years. I had such a low self confidence that I didn’t leave the house when I was 18. I was not living in the country but felt ashamed of my abuse and found the situation too humiliated to even admit to anyone of my situation. So, it was very isolating. If you can join support networks, that will be a great start. There are quite a few networks for the victims of domestic abuse, therapy is great as well. Also, if you have some family support, if you can leave and stay with them, that will be great. Connecting to a career counseling network may also help, the longer you stay, the worst things will get.

Last edited by Abusedbysister; Nov 05, 2023 at 03:38 PM..
Abusedbysister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote