View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 05, 2023 at 06:50 PM

Hi SPG, electrical degrades and necessary fixes, and no signs of dementia. Things find us, but in the case of dementia, you still roam free.

My partner left today for 8 days of being the assistant at a writer's retreat. She attended 2 years ago and accepted the chance to go back. She's now "the help" so a smaller room, fewer amenities, and lots of time when she's supposed to be helping out. She's a night person, but will be getting up around 6 am to help with breakfast. I'm looking forward to some interesting stories.

So, returning to a silent home after a movie, I felt a big dose of "I really don't have much planned for tonight." Ideas flurried in, but all externally expected and all to have their time & turn during the workweek.

I do have a friend coming over in about an hour to look over a bed I'm gifting to her. Thinking of ways I can help with the moving part. I do have a few movies to watch, maybe I'll set up the projector and watch one. Dog Day Afternoon is our next one to discuss, and I also have the script for comparison if I want. Director Sidney Lumet said about 60 percent is from improv (they would record their improv during rehearsals, type them up, and use the best one for the movie). He also said he left several for the filming on location.

Ah, practice for retirement. Speaking of which, I've discovered a way to have fun with the constant question: what are you doing to be doing? I have a folded half sheet of paper in my wallet and I ask the person to imagine drawing a playing card, they can also imagine drawing a joker. On the sheet I have keyed 54 activities to the cards (some doubles), and that's my answer or the start of my answer. It's been fun.