View Single Post
Albatross2008
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2017
352 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 06, 2023 at 05:03 AM

I could definitely get behind a forum for codependency. I grew up in an alcoholic household. My mother, by her own admission, is codependent and taught me everything she knows. In my teen years, my mother and my siblings all started using too. Not just alcohol, but other substances. I then married an addict, who along with my own family members passed the disease along to our children, and my daughter has recently relapsed.

No matter how hard I try to straighten out my own life, I continue to be affected and disrupted by the actions of others. My daughter would rather have me at her beck and call, ready to drop anything I've got going on at a moment's notice, so I can come rescue her, and then she won't even stay rescued. For example, I'd drive her to a treatment center, at her own request, and then she leaves the next day. Or I'll drive her to an emergency room, and she'll leave without being seen.

Nope. I've stopped doing it. I am not putting my life on hold for her anymore. And now she resents the living snot out of the fact that I won't let her move back in with me. That's because I'm trying to live a sane life, here. I won't let her live under my roof and be disruptive.
Albatross2008 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108, felineangel