View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Nov 06, 2023 at 07:35 PM

Hi, guys,

I finished all the jobs on m to do list. Yay! I wasn't finding any errors when I was editing. Yay! Then I ran into a snafu. The ending of my story involves bats in an abandoned mine in the Northern Yukon, in winter. They are important to the plot and they add a lot of interest to the story. So what's the problem? Only one species of bat lives in the northern Yukon. I don't know if it lives as far as where my story takes place. Apparently, these bats do not live in caves. And they migrate south before winter. So I'm editing out the bats. The story's much more interesting with the little critters but . . . I was tempted to leave them in and add an apology at the end of the book. Many cultures intentionally insert a flaw or mistake into works of art because "only God is perfect." However, I usually have enough flaws without adding one intentionally. Editing out the bats involved adding in new material, and editing about 20 pages. What are the odds that I'll do that much editing without making any mistakes. ?????
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote