Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,641 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 09, 2023 at 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samicat View Post
So sorry this is happening. This still sounds like it might be new-job growing pains to me and you might need to just ride it out. Also you mentioned your boss is leaving? So maybe wait to see what the new guy is like.

That's very weird about your boss not saying any of those things during your phone call but typing them up afterwards. It sounds like maybe a particular person or manager told her to tell you these things, but she didn't feel comfortable as her own perception of you is positive. It's very easy to ruffle people's feathers at a new job but I hope it will die down.

It can't be easy, but perhaps you could hang in there. You were so happy about the job a week ago and maybe this new stuff is transitory?

However, I don't see the harm in asking the agency if they have something else, just so you know if there are alternatives out there. But I assume contract work might not pay well.
@Samicat, thanks so much for your thoughts and reply! I was talking to myself for a while in this thread, lol.

I HOPE it's just newbie growing pains and a transitory bump in the road!!! I was so happy about my job and then this happened and I am not so happy now.

Yes, perhaps my boss did not feel comfortable saying those things to me on a video call - still very strange, and my suspicious mind goes to the negative by thinking she wanted to document in writing the conversation for some reason. It kind of looks that way.... I am going to just watch my back, watch what I say, keep my head down and do my work. That's how I am going to proceed... hopefully this will all blow over soon enough.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Samicat

Thanks for this!
Samicat