View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,628 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 09, 2023 at 07:20 AM

UGH - I ran into the woman who recently insulted my work last night. For some very odd reason, I gave her a kind look as we passed each other, and she very grumpily said hello without a smile and kept walking.

What can I do? She insulted me, I got my feelings hurt, I spoke up and told her husband that it's not OK and that I will keep my distance from her.

You cannot get along with everyone, that's for sure, and not everyone is going to click with your personality or even like you. And I have to be OK with this fact within my larger social scene and social circle. Everyone in this group all gives each other hugs when they see each other, and I do too, but there's now a few select people (all women mind you!) that I must avoid due to conflicts and personality clashes. So be it. I cannot be liked by everyone nor do I have to like and hug everyone in this group. It's not realistic. There's bound to be some sour grapes in every crowd, and unfortunately, I'm bumped up against several sour grapes. And that's how I view these people who have been giving me trouble. They are sour people, and I am not.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Samicat