Thread: My Brother
View Single Post
Knickerbocker

Member Since Sep 2023
Default Nov 09, 2023 at 09:41 PM

Hi birdy,

First, you are not a terrible person, you have every right to feel the way you do. It also sounds like you are a very sensitive person, which is wonderful, but you may need to work on ways to protect your heart. The world has a tendency to abuse sensitive people, so you might consider researching ways to protect yourself, cope, identify potential bad actors, etc. as a highly sensitive person. You have a light that can be a wonderful gift to the world, but sometimes that attracts some not so pleasant things.

My suggestion to you is that if you can catch him in a serious moment, maybe let him know that he hurt you. He might not be emotionally mature enough yet, but he might be truly apologetic if he knows you're really in pain. If not, it's important to remember that you can't control other people. you can only control how you react to what they do. Don't be hard on yourself, try to forgive those who didn't believe you and remember that you did nothing wrong. Maybe try journaling to work through your feelings. I hope some of this helped and I wish you the best.

Thanks for this!
birdyblues