Exoskeleton
Grand Member

Member Since Sep 2023
266 hugs
given
Default Nov 09, 2023 at 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravinmaven View Post
When these overwhelming feelings of rejection come on, remember you don't know why the action occurred:
It is possible they forgot to invite you.
It is possible that they sent you an invite through social media but the internet ate it. ;-)
It is also possible that they prefer to hang out with you and your husband in a different setting (less family, different friends, more quaint...)
These are all just speculations. So, perhaps you just aren't supposed to be at this event?

Thank you! It's very unlikely they forgot to invite us. But it is definitely possible - even likely - that they meant no ill will. Even in my current state, where my depression has me feeling somewhat paranoid, it's very hard for me to seriously believe they have suddenly decided they no longer like us.

But it did/does hurt. And it was unusual. Even though I'm not 12 anymore and these things really shouldn't effect me to this degree. But with this disorder, there is this constant, giant gulf between my intellect and reason and my emotional response. And my emotions always get the better of me. Thank you again for your feedback
Exoskeleton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, iscreamparty, LadyShadow