View Single Post
stopdog
underdog is here

Member Since Sep 2011
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 10, 2023 at 06:33 PM

I don't think there are usually gatekeepers at funerals unless it is a small closed funeral with only specific invitees or just family - in which case around here that is mentioned in the notice/obit. I have never gone to a funeral where anyone was checking. I have been to some rather small ones where a stranger would be noticed but I never saw anyone try to throw them out or anything --more like musing "I wonder who that is and why are they here" sort of thing.

Having had some whacko client families which included therapist offspring/siblings - I would caution someone to ask themselves how are they going to feel if the family dynamic is not what one expects. I have had several client (my client would be a sibling or parent) families who hated their therapist sibling/offspring and vice versa. I always found it fascinating but I wasn't emotionally invested in any of it. I admit to getting a kick out of how dysfunctional the therapists often were.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde
Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
stopdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight