View Single Post
Knickerbocker

Member Since Sep 2023
Default Nov 10, 2023 at 09:55 PM

That's nuts and your sys admin should have a unique ID set up for you. Someone is probably just being too lazy to submit a ticket to the proper team.

I don't know if this will make you feel better, but it reminded me of the terrible onboarding of my last job and you might find some humor in how absurd this all was.

1. My new job was part of a contract change at a place I already worked so job offers didn't come through until the last day before transition. The job description was blank with only a salary and title listed and we had to accept on the spot or lose our clearances.
2. Monday morning and my paperwork has the wrong supervisor listed. This was never corrected so I never got any updates on anything because the supervisor listed ignored it and my actual supervisor couldn't figure out how to change it.
3. The first laptop they sent me was dead on arrival and I had to wait an extra week for a new one before I could get even begin work.
4. The onboarding website for this international, world known tech company consisted of a single page with 3 videos of the CEO talking about how great he was. That was it.
5. It took me four months to get a basic list of phone numbers for service techs. At least 50 percent of my job was needing to set up service appointments. I asked every single day.
This was a state data center.

Congratulations on the job, hang in there and keep pushing them. Sometimes tech companies have no idea what they're doing.