View Single Post
Exoskeleton
Grand Member

Member Since Sep 2023
266 hugs
given
Default Nov 11, 2023 at 10:25 PM

I am so sorry you are experiencing so many major life stressors and losses right now. That would be very overwhelming for anyone. Do you have a supportive person in your life you can lean on? Do you have a good therapist?

During times of immense stress I try to stick with my routine as much as possible. I am someone who really needs a routine to ground them, even on regular days with no particular life stress. I do very badly with unstructured time. Especially if I am in a bad place emotionally. A huge part of my daily routine revolves around hiking with my dogs. Some days, if I'm feeling terrible, I have to really force myself to leave the house and I don't enjoy the hike at all, but I'm always glad I made the effort. And I really like to see my dogs happy. (If it wasn't for my dogs I certainly wouldn't make the effort to hike every day). So movement/outdoor exercise is a crucial part of my daily routine, even if I don't always enjoy it.

I also find journaling quite helpful as a tool to help me process things, but I can't always do it, especially if I feel like I've been hit by a bus from a particular stress event. And it's not that journaling fixes anything, but it is a safe and private way for me to express some of the thoughts and feelings crashing around inside my head.

I feel hypocritical giving any kind of advice to anyone as I am really struggling in my own life right now and making a huge mess of some very important relationship stuff. But your post did get me thinking about what I do when I feel like I can't stand one single additional stressor in my life (which is pretty much every day).

I really hope the tide turns for you soon and I wish you much more peaceful times ahead
Exoskeleton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Samicat

Thanks for this!
ArmorPlate108, Discombobulated, Samicat