View Single Post
krechie

Member Since Nov 2023
Trig Nov 12, 2023 at 04:03 PM

So I'm coming here in need of some advice. I have an unhealthy brother who is constantly being rude and manipulative. And when I try to call him on it, he lies, or misdirects the conversation, and he looks for a way to push my buttons so that I react emotionally. When this happens, he says he walks away because I'm too emotional. The worse is he does this in front of my parents to prove his point and gets out of accountability.

I've recently realized he's been doing this for a good 15 years with me. I have actually torn Achilles tendon at one point, responding to his triggering words: there is no remorse form this guy; He is not a good person .

Talking to him about his poor behavior is impossible, as he evades responsibility and gives in authentic and manipulative answers.
We're both in her mid-40s, and the only thing I can think of now is doing what I did as a teenager growing up with him:
Possible trigger:
because there is no way else to get him to stop.

I think it's ridiculous that I have to resort to
Possible trigger:
to deal with this clown. My other option is to just walk away completely never talk to him again, but then I sacrificed the relationship with the rest of my family.

Does anyone have any experience with this and any advice??

Last edited by bluekoi; Nov 13, 2023 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: Administrative edit - violence. Add trigger icon & code.
krechie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote