Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,643 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 13, 2023 at 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker View Post
First, I'm sorry things are so difficult, but I do think you should hang in there. It might be a good idea to do like you said and keep a low profile and really just learn as much as you can about the work environment and your coworkers. Sometimes we read more into situations simply because they're foreign to us. Sometimes taking the time to figure out all of the personalities involved can help you craft how you deal with them.

Focus on doing the best work you can, don't volunteer information until you know who you can trust and resist the urge to be confrontational unless it's a serious accusation. Some managers are just lousy at dealing with people, often their attitude has nothing to do with you and more to do with their own issues. Don't do anything out of the ordinary without having it in writing. Keep an eye out for other opportunities in case you do need to make an exit. If there are any people you get along well with, work on fostering those relationships and you might get some good insight or future network connections. Try to remember that it's not forever and even a bad experience can help you learn and prepare for the future.

Good luck and I really do hope it gets better.
Hello @Knickerbocker and thank you so much for your advice and support!

I am going to do just that... and if I have to ask my boss for guidance about any issue, I am going to make sure it is done in writing.

It's a very large corporation, and I am not used to that at all. It's a big adjustment for me. Normally, I get along with most people, and I've been told in the past that I am a "joy" to work with. I have a good sense of humor, I am outgoing and friendly, and typically, I can establish very positive working relationships with most of my colleagues. Positive and harmonious relationships are my goal here.

My boss's boss may have had other stressors contributing that day that influenced how she approached me. It felt very much like a wrist slap and a warning, literally, less than a week after I had been hired on full-time. It was a shock to say the least. But yeah, she may have had other issues going on that had nothing to do with me. I am SO glad that I don't have to work with her anymore, regardless of what the issue was.

Right now things are better, but I am on guard now.

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote