View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 13, 2023 at 06:49 AM

Good morning. The past two days since we’ve decreased the Thorazine I’ve only slept 4 hours per night. I slept 4 hours Saturday night and 4 hours last night. Which sucks. I hope my sleep eventually improves, cause I don’t want to go back up to the dose I was on. It’s like my body is incapable of sleeping with anything under 200mg of it. I have work today from 11am to 3pm. I don’t know how long to let the lack of sleep go on before calling my doctor. He said to call him if I struggle sleeping on the lower dose. I guess if it happens again tonight I’ll call him tomorrow. I can technically go back to the 200mg but I’m trying to avoid that because I want to get off Thorazine eventually. But I don’t sleep when I’m off it or on a low dose. I sleep a maximum of 4 hours of light tossing and turning then I’m up for the day. It’s always been this way, even before I was on it, which is part of the reason I got on it in the first place , I barely slept. First I was on seroquel but I got off that due to weight gain and switched to Thorazine 400mg. Eventually I got down to 200mg Thorazine but it seems anything lower than that and I just don’t sleep or get tired. Even though I’m not tired it still concerns me because I know it’s not healthy to only sleep 4 hours per night

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi

Hugs from:
stahrgeyzer