View Single Post
Knickerbocker

Member Since Sep 2023
Default Nov 13, 2023 at 10:14 PM

I wish I could answer this one because it really is infuriating. The reality is that most abusers never really face actual justice or even exposure while their victims suffer greatly.

I don't know if this will help, but I can say that from my experience, abusers tend to live in a weird hell of their own. My dad has been absolutely horrible to me, but really seeing him and understanding who he is has been astounding. Every minute of his life is spent in perpetual victimhood. Even the slightest inconvenience crushes him entirely. He's so incredibly small and incapable of self-reflection. He's truly the weakest person I've ever met. He's incapable of actual love or joy. He's always afraid of being abandoned. That doesn't excuse his behavior in any way and I feel no pity for him. He's done the most horrendous things to everyone and everything around him. It's just that, even if he never faces any direct consequences, I wouldn't wish his existence on anyone.

I don't pity him or delight in his suffering as I've just become indifferent to him. I've chosen to just let him go so that I can be free. I just know that he'll never be free. He has to be himself forever.

Hugs from:
Albatross2008