View Single Post
Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default Nov 14, 2023 at 12:31 AM

80 minutes on the treadmill while listening to a riveting audio book. a lot, I know.

10 minutes warmup to the speed of 3 mph, then 60 minutes at 3 mph, then 10 minutes cooldown to 1mph.

The best part: I was approached outside the clubhouse (the gym is inside it) by this young woman who told me that she had noticed me exercising a lot and how she essentially saluted me knowing for herself how difficult it is to stick to exercise. I did not recognize her at first but then it dawned on me that once or twice I had seen her on the elliptical. She told me that the elliptical means not spending any mental energy for her. I said that for me, it is the opposite: I tried the elliptical but thought that I could not figure it out, which is why I do the treadmill and occasionally the rowing machine (the whole little gym consists of these three machines). She said "whatever you do, as long as you do it". I agreed, introduced myself and asked for her name: Laura. She said she could forget my name. I said that it was OK and that I would not forger her name (it is hard to forget the name Laura).

She is chubby although not as much as I am. I am glad to have found a new friend, if only for those brief moments when we overlap at the gym or outside on the complex grounds.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg
Lybalvi 5 mg as a PRN

Gabapentin 1200 mg, Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity

Suspected narcolepsy

Treated with Ritalin 5mg
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
raspberrytorte