Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,313 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 14, 2023 at 10:59 PM

@Knickerbocker - sorry you are feeling remorse over lost opportunities.

You said "So, how do I become okay with what I've lost? This will negatively affect the rest of my life in almost every way. How do I shut out the constant comparison to what I had/could have had? How do I not beat myself up all over again every time a consequence comes rolling in? How do I not get defeated knowing I'm always living less of a life?"

I regret some things I have done. I resolve not to do them again. I close the door on the past. This is the only moment I have. The past is gone. The future is only a dream. Here I am right now.

I can only do the best I can. That is all any reasonable person can expect.

Life is never perfect. I learn by making mistakes and by not repeating the same mistakes over again.

When I came into this world I had nothing. When I leave this world some day, I cannot take anything with me. What happens in between are the lessons I learn. Knowing I am doing the best I can under the current circumstances will hopefully comfort me now and in the future.

Not sure how my ramblings may help. I hear you. I have been in dark places and lost precious years, but I go on and do the best I can. @CANDC

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, East17, Fuzzybear, mote.of.soul