View Single Post
jaklevco

Member Since May 2023
35 hugs
given
Default Nov 15, 2023 at 05:41 PM

Thanks for replying.

I admit I am much younger.

However, I should clarify certain thoughts you have written.

I admit that heavy music is my dominant focus, but it's not the only genre I play. Because of that, I wouldn't call it resistance, but rather logic when saying other instrument is not an option. But mainly because even any different instrument is bad for the health issue (I also play multiple instruments).

To specify, the problem is with my left wrist, so shredding riffs is not more painful than playing something else. I would say it is even better than strumming chords.

With recording. First of all, I'm unable to produce music without playing it. Also, I tried some digital alternatives, but that was just a waste of time for me as it wasn't fulfilling at all and it didn't give me anything (I know why I don't study audio engineering). And finally, I need strong inspiration/motivation to get some ideas. And just the feeling that I made it is simply not enough because I never wanted to publish what I made, sharing with people around me is impossible and in the past, all my own work was either connected to some very unpleasant situations or there was no chance I could play it with my band.

But in order not to sound so desperate and only negative, I can say that my hand is getting better. You worte after I had some treatment (no offense, I know there is much in this thread), but the journey to the diagnosis was dreadful and for a long time, it really looked like a much worse problem which actually could significantly affect me for the rest of my life.
jaklevco is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AzulOscuro, felineangel